BSGROUP DATA ANALYTICS AG
1 Who are we?
If you have a data protection concern, you can contact us:
BSgroup Data Analytics AG
2 What personal data do we process?
- Master data, such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, gender, date of birth, social media profiles, photos, videos, relationship details (customer, service provider, etc.), history, official details (e.g. extracts from the commercial register, permits, etc.), details of newsletters subscribed to or other advertising (including consent);
- Communication data, such as contact details, type and manner of communication (telephone, e-mail, text messages, video messages, etc.) as well as place, date, time and content of the communication;
- Registration data, e.g. user name, password, e-mail address;
- Financial data, e.g. payment details, creditworthiness details;
- Contract data, data arising in connection with the conclusion or execution of the contract, such as information on the conclusion of the contract, acquired claims and receivables, information on customer satisfaction, purchasing information (e.g. date, place, time and history of purchase, as well as quantity, type and value of goods/services);
- Technical data, e.g. IP address, operating system, date, time, geographical information;
- Behavioral data, such as duration and frequency of visits to our website, date and time of a visit or opening a message (newsletter, e-mail, etc.), location of your end device, interaction with our online presences on social networks or other third-party platforms;
- Preference data, such as user settings, data from the analysis of the collected data (in particular behavioral data);
- Other data that you make available to us about yourself.
3 How do we collect personal data?
We collect your personal data in a variety of ways. On the one hand, we collect your personal data that you have made available to us (e.g. by e-mail, telephone, post), that we receive from third parties (e.g. from business partners, authorities) and that we collect about you (e.g. from publicly accessible registers, websites, business partners).
3.1 Data provided
You provide us with your personal data when you interact with us, for example in the following circumstances:
- When you communicate with our employees;
- When you create a user account with us;
- When you visit our company headquarters or other premises;
- If you take part in our customer events and public events;
- When you purchase our products or services (regardless of location, especially online);
- If you register in order to use certain offers and services (e.g. newsletter, free WLAN);
- If you take part in one of our competitions or prize draws.
The data provided includes, in particular, master data, communication data, registration data and contract data, but also preference data.
As a rule, the provision of personal data is voluntary, i.e. in most cases you are not obliged to disclose personal data to us. However, we must collect and process the personal data that is necessary or legally required for the processing of a contractual relationship and the fulfillment of the associated obligations, e.g. mandatory master data and contract data. Otherwise we will not be able to conclude or continue the respective contract.
If you do not provide us with certain personal data, this may mean that it is not possible to provide the associated service or conclude a contract. As a matter of principle, we will inform you where personal data requested by us is mandatory.
3.2 Data received
We may also receive personal data about you from third parties, such as the following third parties:
- From business partners with whom we work, e.g. banks, insurance companies, sales and other contractual partners;
- From people who communicate with us;
- From credit reference agencies, e.g. when we obtain credit reports;
- From address dealers or Swiss Post, e.g. for address updates
- From providers of online services, e.g. Internet analysis services;
- From authorities and courts, in connection with official and judicial proceedings.
The data received includes in particular master data, communication data, financial data and contract data, but also preference data.
3.3 Data collected
We may also collect your personal data ourselves or automatically, for example in the following circumstances:
- When you use our offers;
- If you make use of our services;
- When you order and/or purchase products from us;
- When you visit our website;
- When we consult publicly accessible sources (e.g. public registers, websites, platforms);
- If we obtain information about you from your organization or from another organization or company (e.g. for reference purposes in the application process, if you consent to this);
- When we work with business partners;
- When you click on a link in one of our newsletters or otherwise interact with one of our electronic marketing communications.
The data collected includes, in particular, behavioral data and technical data.
We can also derive further personal data from existing personal data, e.g. by evaluating behavioral data. Such derived personal data is often preference data.
4 For what purposes do we process personal data?
We process your personal data primarily in order to conclude and process our contracts with you, our customers and our business partners. In particular, we also process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to communicate with you;
- to provide you and our customers with our services (including websites) and to improve them;
- to manage the business relationship with you and our customers;
- for advertising, marketing, market research and product development;
- to ensure your and our security and to prevent misuse (e.g. for IT security, theft, fraud and abuse prevention and for evidence purposes);
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
- to assert our claims and defend ourselves against the claims of others;
- to prepare and execute the sale or purchase of business divisions, companies or parts of companies and other transactions under company law and the associated transfer of personal data;
- for business management.
When processing personal data for the purposes described in this statement, we rely, among other things, on our legitimate interest in maintaining, expanding and managing the business relationship and communicating with you as a business partner about our products and services.
You can give us your consent to process your personal data for certain purposes. Unless we have another legal basis, we process your personal data within the scope of and based on this consent. You can revoke your consent at any time. A revocation has no effect on processing that has already taken place.
5 Why and how do we share data?
6 Warum und wie geben wir Daten ins Ausland weiter?
7 How do we use profiling?
8 Wie treffen wir automatisierte Einzelentscheidungen?
9 Wie schützen wir Daten?
10 Wie lange bewahren wir Daten auf?
11 Social media
We may operate pages and other online presences on social networks and other platforms operated by third parties (e.g. fan pages, channels, profiles) and collect and process data about you (in particular contact and profile data) that you or the social networks provide to us. We receive the data when you come into contact with us via our online presence (e.g. accessing and commenting on posts). We receive aggregated or otherwise sufficiently anonymized data from the platforms for evaluation so that we can further develop the contributions and services we offer. We process the data, in particular for communication, for marketing purposes (including advertising on these platforms) and for market research. We may redistribute content published by you or delete or restrict content from or about you in accordance with the usage guidelines. Personal data may also be processed outside Switzerland and the European Economic Area (EEA).
Furthermore, the platforms evaluate your use of our online presences and link this data with other data about you known to the platforms. They also process this data for their own purposes under their own responsibility, in particular for marketing and market research purposes (e.g. to personalize advertising) and to control their platforms (e.g. what content they show you).
We currently use the following platforms:
12.1 What is log data?
Every time you connect to a web server, certain information is logged and stored for technical reasons. When you visit our website, information is automatically sent to our website server. This information includes the IP address of your computer, the date and time of access, the name and URL of the data accessed, the website from which the access was made (referrer URL), the browser type and version and other information transmitted by the browser (e.g. operating system of your computer, geographical origin, language setting). This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file and stored in accordance with the legal requirements. We process the data for the purpose of ensuring a smooth connection setup and convenient use of our website as well as the evaluation of system security and stability.
12.2 What are cookies and similar technologies?
12.3 How can you deactivate cookies and similar technologies?
You can configure your browser so that it does not automatically accept cookies and similar technologies or deletes existing cookies and other data stored in the browser. You can also expand your browser with additional software (so-called “add-ons” or “plug-ins”), which then prevents tracking by certain third parties. As a rule, you will find further information in the help pages of your browser under the keyword “Data protection”. Please note that the partial or complete deactivation of cookies may result in you not being able to use all the functions of our websites.
12.4 Which cookies and similar technologies do we use and how do we use them?
a) Technically necessary cookies
We use persistent cookies to store your personal user settings (in particular regarding cookies and language selection on our website). We will not process any of your personal data. The purpose of the processing is to re-identify your personal settings on our website. These cookies are necessary for the functionality of our website. After one year, these cookies are automatically deleted from your system. You can also delete the cookies manually at any time. Please note that your user settings will be lost.
b) Success and reach measurement
We use the following services in particular to measure success and reach:
c) Advertising and marketing
We use the following services in particular for advertising and marketing purposes:
12.5 Website plugins
We use various plugins (extensions) and third-party services on our website to provide you with our website and offer additional functions. In particular, we use plugins from HubSpot, Leadinfo and Leadfeeder (further information on the services can be found above under cookies).
13 What rights do you have?
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Right to information: You have the right to receive information about what personal data we have about you and how we process it;
- Right to data output or transfer: You have the right to receive or transfer a copy of your personal data in a commonly used electronic format, provided that it is processed automatically and the data is processed with your consent or in direct connection with the conclusion or performance of a contract between you and us;
- Right to rectification: You have the right to have your personal data rectified if it is incorrect;
- Right to erasure: You have the right to have your personal data erased;
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data (particularly in the case of data processing for the purpose of direct marketing).
Please note that conditions and exceptions apply to these rights. We may restrict or refuse your request to exercise these rights where permitted by law. We reserve the right to black out copies for reasons of data protection or confidentiality or to supply only excerpts.
If you wish to exercise your rights against us or do not agree with our handling of your rights or data protection, please contact us; our contact details can be found in section 1. In order for us to rule out misuse, we must identify you (e.g. with a copy of your ID, if necessary).
14 Legal bases according to GDPR
We base the processing of your personal data in particular on the fact that
- it is necessary as described in section 4 for the initiation and conclusion of contracts and their administration and enforcement (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR);
- it is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by third parties as described in Section 4, in particular for communication with you or third parties, to operate our website, to improve our electronic offerings and registration for certain offerings and services, for security purposes, for compliance with Swiss law and internal regulations, for our risk management and corporate governance and for other purposes such as training and education, administration, evidence and quality assurance, organization, implementation and follow-up of events and to safeguard other legitimate interests (see Section 4. 4) (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR);
- it is required or permitted by law on the basis of our mandate or our position under the law of the EEA or a member state (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c GDPR) or is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of other natural persons (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. d GDPR);
- you have separately consented to the processing, e.g. via a corresponding declaration on our website (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a and Art. 9 para. 2 lit. a GDPR).
If you are in the EEA, you also have the right to restrict data processing and you can lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority in your country. A list of the authorities in the EEA can be found here: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_de